Saturday, May 8, 2010

Turtle Serenity


The creativity is bountiful and overflowing!


Sea turtles are my favorite animals...they are the perfect example of serenity, endurance and longevity.


This was one of the fastest creations I've completed...(under 30 minutes) I was actually agitated by the time I came home from work; it was only Monday and the week was off to a bad start. I started to brush color onto the paper with pastels and was surprised that I didn't use more forceful, abrupt and staccato strokes; the blue was very calming; long, flowing strokes became more smooth and round...before I knew it I had completed a background! The little turtle was created with watercolor. Take a deep refreshing breath...serenity now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT

ALL IMAGES ON THIS WEBSITE ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARY KWOK AND MAY NOT BE USED IN ANY FORM WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION OF MARY KWOK.