Saturday, August 6, 2011

Trying something new...

Flower girl
The one medium that I am most uncomfortable with is watercolor or any derivation of it.  I see it, I run.  But if I keep doing that, I will never know my potential with this medium.  So I started small.  The flowers are in watercolor and the rest is pencil.
One of my best friends was actually my source of inspiration for this one.  She recently hi-lighted her hair blue and I can't wait to see it!
Well, I can't say I'm comfortable with watercolor, but I'm going to incorporate it more often into my work.  Practice, practice, practice...speaking of which, I'm going to switch over to music mode now.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Peace and love,
Mary xoxo

Watercolor, pencil on paper

2 comments:

  1. 1. can't tell that the flowers are watercolor...looks like pencil so i think it's safe to say "ya did good!"

    2. if that's supposed to be me...i love the fact that i'm actually slimmer in art life! ;P

    3. thanks for the flattery of being your inspiration


    hugs and kisses
    (and slobbery kisses from the mush)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fantastic artwork! Thanks for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate it!

    Sam Rosenthal

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT

ALL IMAGES ON THIS WEBSITE ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARY KWOK AND MAY NOT BE USED IN ANY FORM WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION OF MARY KWOK.