Monday, December 12, 2011

The Beautiful Insomniac

Do you ever have one of those nights where you just lay there and sleep just doesn't come?  It's as if everyone has their tickets to take the train to sleepytown and you just happen to get their when they're all sold out?  Or you have a date with Mr. Sandman and he stood you up?
This was me most of last week.  No matter what I did, I was just so wound up that sleep would not claim me.  But I knew I was physically exhausted.  However, I made the best of it.
I lounged on my couch and drew whatever came to my mind.  The end result was this:
Pencil and ink
This is three sleepless night's worth of work.  It was quite cathartic.  Even though I was tired, I felt at peace.  I would like to think that this is how my dreamscape would look like as a drawing.  Hooray for surrealism!  Yes, my subconscious self is a green eyed brunette, lol.  Fortunately, Sleep has come back and I am able to start my days freshly recharged.

Sweet dreams!
Peace and love,
Mary xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool, I love it. It's got so much to see - but it's not overwhelming. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT

ALL IMAGES ON THIS WEBSITE ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARY KWOK AND MAY NOT BE USED IN ANY FORM WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION OF MARY KWOK.